Basic of Qlik Certification
Generally, Qlik is known as QlikView, from the last ten years, Qlikview helps to move the business intelligence market towards self-service. The innovative product of Qlik is QlikSense.
There are many similarities within QlikView and Qlik Sense, but each caters to particular markets and requirements for different purposes.
What is QlikView?
It is a database platform that is hugely popular among organizations across the world for data transformation into business knowledge. The software is utilized to search, consolidate, and analyze the data visually.
Qualities such as user-friendliness, simplicity, and flexibility, Qlikview gathers data from multiple sources and creates centralized data storage for high-level business reporting and forecast.
Based on the Qlik associative engine, Qlikview was developed in the 1990s as a flagship product that held its popularity for decades and still popular among organizations.
Key Features of QlikView
- Implementation is fairly short and less intricate combined with low cost and quick return on the investment.
- Negotiate with a high volume of data without compromising on accuracy.
- Data conversion into graphical analytical and visual format supports ease of understanding and functioning.
- Data filtering and unification are simplified.
What is Qlik Sense?
Qlik Sense is a business intelligence platform that performs deployment and analysis of applications and data. Based on the Qlik associative engine, Qlik sense was introduced as an advanced functional tool. Since its launch in 2014, it has been widely affiliated as a new age data exploration platform.
Key Features of Qlik Sense
- Manual creation possibility of which employees can use for greater efficiency.
- An easier drag and drop method that aids the user in visualizing the desired area of data.
QlikSense Versus QlikView
QlikSense and QlikView Both tools are marvelous and suitable for different intentions. Though a lot of equality exists, there are huge differences between these two.
The market is crowded with BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, DataStage, etc.; however, two of the active players in this market are QlikView and QlikSense. Though these two belong to the same product family, they are very different from each other.
Let’s get to know what these tools exactly are!
QlikView and QlikSense- What are they?
QlikView is the most flexible business intelligence platform for changing raw data into knowledge. Utilizing QlikView simplicity, worldwide, more than 24 thousand organization users to combine, search, and visually analyze all their data for unprecedented business insight.
QlikSense is a self-service and discovery application designed for individuals and group collaboration.
Differences Between QlikView vs. QlikSense
When QlikView center on the visualization of data and sharing of business intelligence reports, Qlik sense holds data exploration as its key function.
QlikView lacks the flexibility of Qlik sense in terms of desktop or mobile viewing, enabling report development and visualization. A similar trend can be viewed when it comes to embedding analytical applications as Qlik sense presents natural functioning, whereas QlikView would want the user to get accustomed to specific skills specific to the application.
QlikView covers advanced clustering for scalability, local functionality on IOS and Android services, and Rest full API connectors for linking to web services. QlikSense supports to analyze the data, develop reports and dashboards, such as rolling out its dashboards to more than thousands of internal use as well as to customers.
Qlik’s most challenge in the next upcoming year will be heightening its brand profile in an increasingly cloud-centric business Intelligence and analytics market. Qlik is helping to improve its marketing so it can better compete with all these rivals.
It begins with a simple step in ensuring consistent branding. The company’s best-known brand is QlikView. Now the company is all time using Qlik across the websites, security materials, and even buildings, Qlik analytics platform is the keystone of all products, including QlikSense.
We can create reports and detailed dashboards instantly in QlikSense; it is smart and user-friendly. But QlikView is a business intelligence data discovery product and supports to build guided analytics.
Is there Any Equality Between QlikView and QlikSense?
- Both support rapid BI visualization and sharing, mobile discovery and research, governed data discovery and structured IT maintained dashboards
- Similar analysis algorithm
- Both present interactive BI visualizations
Is QlikSense a Replacement For QlikView?
Definitely Not! This is a myth that QlikSense has replaced Qlikview. Each product has its ability and loopholes. Both of these tools have various suitability according to which they should be utilized.
- If you already have QlikView, then you can improve yourself to QlikSense for safer data visualization skills.
- If you do not have any of the Qlik’s products yet, then you can begin with QlikSense.
- While QlikView is proper for guided analytics, the other one is the much fit for self-service visualizations.
1. Should I Prefer QlikView or Qlik Sense? Do I Require Both?
- If you are new to the Qlik product range, it’s usually great to start with Qlik Sense. It will provide you self-service analytics and makes it easy for you to build the applications you require with embedded analytics.
- If you already have QlikView and know your way around, you can use it to the next level with Qlik Sense. With Qlik Sense, you can make the most self-service visualization, custom development, and embedded analytics.
- If you’re already utilizing QlikView, it makes good sense for your business to use Qlik Sense for data visualizations and analytics, while maintaining your QlikView platform for other applications.
- Because QlikView and Qlik Sense share the same engine, a lot of the work required to integrate and transform data from multiple sources can be shared within two products.
- Many organizations do both QlikView and Qlik Sense because of their very different characteristics and utility.
2. Will QlikView and Qlik Sense Merge Into One Product?
- Qlik Sense is not a replacement for QlikView.
- Each product has various skills and is appropriate in particular circumstances.
- They are Different products with their development roadmaps. QlikView is excellent for guided analytics, while Qlik Sense is most suitable for self-service visualizations.
- Since they have various purposes, one is not meant to replace the other.
- Because QlikView and Qlik Sense are based on the same core analytics engine, all future engine improvements will help both product lines, and Qlik will continue investing in both platforms.
3. Why Do People Utilize QlikView and Qlik Sense?
- They are easy to learn and simple to use
- They start up a world of hopes for making your data work harder
- They support make time-saving and accurate decisions and bring a new level of insight into your data.
- Professional Advantage’s team of business intelligence advisers can assist you in obtaining the maximum return from your Qlik investment – whether you select QlikView, Qlik Sense, or both.
QlikView and QlikSense are Qlik’s two popular products in the business intelligence software market.
Both the tools are simple and easy to amplify as well as present a rich experience in creating interactive visualizations. However, as you from the above information that both the technologies have different features, so it entirely depends on your requirements.
You may even use both the products at a similar time for different views. While QlikView specialists solve complex analytical queries, QlikSense professionals will effectively create attractive visualizations on the fly. Hence pick one as per your requirement.
Enroll yourself in the Online QlikView and QlikSense Practice exam with Analyticsexam now!!!